Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 2

So, I just finished up my second day of this challenge up +$6.42, bringing my total on FTP up to $71.86.  The session started off a little rough when I lost with pocket aces to pocket queens all in preflop and he spiked a queen on the turn.  A couple hand later I lost with my pocket queens to pocket kings on a K Q 5 board.  Luckily I was able to turn it around although it took awhile.  This was my favorite hand of the day:


Full Tilt Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 551910
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $3.43
BTN: $1.95
SB: $3.83
BB: $1.16
UTG: $2.46
MP: $2.81

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with A of clubs A of hearts
2 folds, Hero raises to $2.02, 1 fold, SB calls $2.01, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.06) 9 of hearts 6 of diamonds J of spades (2 players)
SB bets $1.81 all in, Hero calls $1.41 all in

Turn: ($6.88) 3 of spades (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($6.88) Q of hearts (2 players - 2 are all in)


I got the idea to do this from a thread on twoplustwo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/confession-i-used-nlo8-angle-shooter-865/) where whenever the guy had pocket aces he would raise to an amount that would only use one chip, confusing his opponents into thinking they were calling a min raise.  I his case, he be playing with 50 cent blinds and raise to $50.50. I did the same thing, just raising to 2.02 instead.  I've tried this a few times, but I was pretty excited b/c it's the first time it actually worked!

I've been tempted to play some $1 sit-n-go tournaments, so I may do that tomorrow instead of playing cash games, just to switch up a bit.  And I'll end my post with a super sick bluff by Phil Ivey against Paul Jackson.

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed I never said what he had in this hand - it was Kh5h. lol

    ReplyDelete