Friday, February 19, 2010

And so it begins...

Hi all,

So you guys are probably all reading this and are wondering what I'm talking about.  Well, as many of you know I have been playing a bit of online poker at Pokerstars and more recently Full Tilt Poker for the past few months.  Nothing too serious, but I've been doing fairly well and have been able to make some money.  Unfortunately, since I am currently unemployed I have been having to tap into by online bankroll more than I would like to pay for stuff like groceries and what ever other stuff I seem to waste all my money on.

I have recently withdrawn all but $50 dollars on Full Tilt and just $2 on Pokerstars, so as a challenge to myself and obviously as a way to make money, I will be trying to turn that money into $2000 by the end of the semester.  I chose $2000 because that will be enough to get be to 50NL ($50 buy-ins) were I can make consistent money.  This won't be easy, but I've seen a few people pull even crazier stuff than this, like turning $5 into $1000 in a week, so I believe I can do it (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/week-long-prop-bet-676/).  The plan is to play mostly 2NL ($2 buy-ins) cash games until I can get up to $100 on FTP with possibly a few cheap tournaments. Since I only have $2 on Stars I'll be playing only the $0.10 tournaments until I can get at least $30, then I can move to cash games.

My reason for making this blog is to help me stay focused on my goal and stay within my limits since I will probably be tempted to play higher stakes than I should at this point.  I will hopefully be posting updates every night, detailing my sessions and the state of my bankroll.  The last thing I wanted to mention is that there a couple of sites out there that can give you a better idea of what I'm doing. They are:

twoplustwo.com
deucescracked.com

Both of these sites have helped me to progress as a poker player and I will continue to use them during this blog. I will probably play a short session tonight, so if i do I'll post results.  Thanks everyone for reading, and if anyone has any questions please ask!

Oh, and in before "You know online poker is rigged, don't you?" and "It's impossible to win in the long run." lol

Why Work When You Can Play Poker T-Shirt, Texas Holdem T-Shirt, XX-Large

1 comment: